NIHC is the only Washington, D.C.-based organization that promotes policies that benefit the farmer, the companies that produce hemp fiber, nutritional and resin-based products, the retailers, and the consumer. NIHC has also led the charge in the research and promotion of and education about hemp from the farm to the end-user both in domestic markets and internationally.
Membership provides the following benefits for businesses, farmers, and consumers of hemp-related products.
- Legislative and regulatory advocacy at the federal level
- Membership in NIHC committees including: Government Affairs Committee, Consumer Protection Task Force, and Trade and Marketing Committee
- Influence on how NIHC engages on key issues
- Opportunity to participate in discussions with leaders in key government agencies and Capitol Hill
- Access to trade data and industry analysis from NIHC’s Chief Economist Beau Whitney
- International market access through US Department of Agriculture Market Access Program – NIHC was awarded $200K for research and market development internationally from the USDA
- Official and recognized partnership with USDA
- Representation to international government officials through NIHC policy staff working on your behalf
- Priority and discounted access NIHC Annual Business Meeting in Washington, DC
- Complimentary webinars on issues facing the hemp industry
- Weekly newsletter from NIHC on trending hemp news
- Virtual and when safe, in-person networking opportunities